Monday, April 18, 2011

Notable People from Connecticut Poster

For my graphic design class, we had to chose a notable person who had certain ties to Connecticut. After doing research on the person we had to design a poster using Photoshop that represented them. We also had to write a paragraph of information about their ties to Connecticut.

After going through a large list of names, I was excited to see that Rivers Cuomo, the lead singer of Weezer, grew up in CT and went to E.O. Smith High School! I love all the music he & the band have created so of course I had to go with him.

I decided to create a retro like poster that incorporated the band as well as Rivers. For the background, I started with plaid, then created a pattern of his albums to place on top, and then created a sunburst affect that seemed to come out of Rivers himself. I used a crinkly paper image to add texture and relied on drop shadows to make things pop out. I added a guitar, sheet music since he writes his own songs, and the Weezer symbol. I drew lightning bolts in Illustrator and placed those near his name. (He always has a guitar strap with lightning bolts on it.)

I am a huge fan of shifting things to the sides and using various placements for the objects, in order to make it look more interesting so I focused on that as well. Overall, I am really proud of how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment