Monday, May 2, 2011

The Perks of Being a Photograph

The one thing that has always drawn me to photography is the fact that it captures a moment of history. Pictures live forever and are memories framed by a single "click." I love going to my grandma's house and looking through my great ancestors' photographs. I have no idea who any of them are but it is amazing to look through them and know we are somehow connected. My grandmother has done quite a bit of research on our family tree, so she explains who each person is.

Photographs tell their own story. Although viewers might not guess the entire story behind the image, they have come up with their own story for that moment in history. I just think it is amazing that photography truly captures events that will never occur again.

So anyways, here are some random old images I found.


A good snapshot stops a moment from running away.  ~Eudora Welty





















No comments:

Post a Comment