Thursday, March 3, 2011

Photographer of the Week: Richard Avedon

This week the famous photographer is Richard Avedon, an American photographer. (Link under picture is where the image came from, can also be found at www.richardavedon.com
Richard Avedon


He was well known for taking amazing portraitures, many of which were fashion related. He became the main photographer for Vogue in the early 70's. He also photographed protesters during the Vietnam war, mental hospital patients, and even The Beatles. He was very well known for, In the American West, a portrayal of real Americans, who work hard to survive.

When I look at his images, I almost feel like I know the person in them. The way he captured their genuine looks is what always draws me in to his work.

I had the chance to see some of his work while I was in New York and take some raw pictures of them.



Now since you can't see how amazing these are, I will post some found from various sources. The caption to all is the link to the original. Again, all can be found on his website. 






There are so many more I could list but this post would become too long! His images are just so beautiful and he captures his subjects in their natural environment. I also love his portraits of various artists, authors, and musicians such as Andy Warhol and Truman Capote....    Until next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment