Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One thing I did over Spring Break

I didn't get to go anywhere fun over Spring Break (I blame having broke friends) but I did get to catch up on some sleep. I also participated in an awesome event for the American Lung Association. The event was called, the Fight for Air Climb. It was in Hartford and it involved climbing up 686 stairs! There were 34 flights of stairs all together. I finished in 7 minutes and 17 seconds! Not too bad for my first climb.. :)

There were over 400 participants who raised money and climbed, many of them firefighters who climbed the stairs in their complete uniforms.

It was an awesome event and was for such a great cause! I lost someone very important to me to lung cancer, so I really loved helping the organization.

I took a few pictures with my little digital camera that I wanted to share.

I can't wait to do it again next year!!!


Stories of those people lost & stories of those who overcame cancer 

Reasons for climbing (mine's in there) 

A group of the firefighters getting ready to climb...so amazing. 

My group :) After we climbed 

It was the building to the right ^ so huge!! 

Mom & Me...always my biggest supporter!

Now I have to start getting ready for my breast cancer 5k in June!!

No comments:

Post a Comment